Tuesday 20 January 2009

Dave Hill on Leabank Square



Just as diverse as Leabank Square is - must be the same with our daily & weekend newspapers. But I really do count myself as very fortunate to take theGuardian - as it gives me a very impartial view of the world. The writing is among the best in the world - and especially so when you subscribe to international web-sites of the best papers on other continents!

But - I'm not going to be an advert for theGuardian here - what I would love for you to do is to bookmark Dave Hill's excellent http://davehill.typepad.com/claptonian/ blog for all things Hackney & beyond!

Here in Leabank Square - we all know what we feel about the Olympics - but our view is definitely going to be skewed by the constant noise & dust coming over the fence. Dave's view is - from what I can gather - neither of the Ian (stop now & let it all decay - nice & urban-like) Sinclair - or Boris (goshly goodness - a bit of noise & a cough has simply got to be worth it) Johnson.

It's great to read fellow Hackney residents slants on the development next door - especially when they're written so well.

Aaaaaaaanyway - Dave's also lent us his support by getting our blog read a bit further than Viccie Park. See: http://davehill.typepad.com/hackneypost/2009/01/leabank-blogging.html & http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/davehillblog/2009/jan/20/blogpost1

So - whatever you daily - please check out his blog - plus the other Hackney links he has listed on it. Sometimes it helps to read of normal day-to-day living going on in Hackney - just a bit further away from this dustbowl!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sóna

I agree about the Guardian, it helped me understand so much of what was happening during Thatchers dictatorship - and I've taken it ever since!

I've just read some of Dave's blog - and I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks for the hint!
Su

Anonymous said...

Sóna

What an honour to have been read by Dave Hill! It's exactly like Stevie Wonder saying that he likes the tune you sing in the shower in the morning!

Is this what you were talking about the other day - about getting hackney bloggers together for a chat about using their sites to help recruiting volunteers? I hope he was interrested.

See you at tomorrows ding dong!

Pete